October 22, 2008

Canning! Canning! Canning!

Okay so I have been soooo busy I haven't blogged for a while, obviously! But look at what I have been doing!!!! I started out with nothing. Nothing!!! On my food storage shelves that Brandon made for me down in our basement. I am really excited. Next is the apples from the tree in Charie's back yard. We are going to be canning applesauce. I just keep adding more every week! It has been very exhausting, but look at what I have done!!!!!!!!!!



30 pints of Beet Jelly
and more to come!


33 pints of Green Beans

12 quarts of Peaches


18 quarts of Pickles (hot dill)


37 quarts of Pears


26 quarts of Chilli


19 quarts of stewed tomatoes
and more to come!





I know this is going to help soo much this next year. It hasn't been easy with five kids (and a husband) but he now thinks its pretty cool, too!!! The house as you can imagine has been a wreck. No Kidding!!! We have also been in the process of finishing the boys' bedrooms downstairs and we just put in a wood burning stove and re-arranged the kitchen cabinets. We still have a lot to go on the house but I knew we needed the food storage so talk about a crazy summer!!!!







2 comments:

  1. Even though you guys are kinda crazy, that's awesome to see how much stuff you canned! Did you get a new camera yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew??? You go girl. You totally kicked my butt on canning this year. I thought I got a lot done, but not nearly the variety as you did. How fun. Now if I could only get Jer to make me some shelving like you got! I need to come check it out cause I really need some shelving built!

    ReplyDelete