September 2, 2008

My Trip To Michigan

Well I am back to Home Sweet Home!! I got the oportunity to go with Charie ( Brandon's sister) to Detroit, Michigan to adopt her baby girl. Her husband is in Bulgaria for training with the Military. She was going by her self and I was able to go at the last minute. This little girl is 21 months old. Her birthday is the 19th of November. She is about the size of my 10 month old, Sydnee.

Her mother and step dad starved her and she was in the hospital for two weeks before Charie could go and pick her up. She was soo malnurished that she doesn't know how to crawl, walk or talk. They left her in a crib to waste away. It was a total miracle how fast Charie was able to adopt her and we were only in Michigan for 7 days, Alone!!! The adoption agency said she has never seen and adoption go through this fast in her career and here and her husband have been doing this for years. Everything was truly a blessing and total Miracle.


We made it and this little girl has come so far in just the two weeks she has had her. She just got intorduced to solid foods and likes most of it. Here are some picture's.

We stared at the walls and played with the baby for 7 days straight. I missed my family sooo much. My husband and family did great with the kids!!! He really can take care of the kids. They are still alive and kickin'!

We got ahold of the Bishop out there and he was pretty stressed about me and Charie being there alone without our husbands. He said two white women especially me with blonde hair was a major target. I wanted to go die my hair and color my skin. It's not the bes of feelings when you are the minority. We didn't have a lot of money so we had to walk to get food to the Mall in Dearborn. Not a good idea, he told us. But better than not eating, so we went during the day and stayed in the hotel at night. We had snacks at night to hold us off for morning. WE MADE IT AND ARE ALIVE AND KICKIN' TOO!

5 comments:

  1. Hey there ya nutty girl! I am so glad that you FINALLY have a blog and I can see what is going on in your life since we NEVER get to see each other! This is so cute and I love your title. Tell Charie congrats on her little baby. That is awesome for them. What is her name? She is a cutie. Well, keep the posts comin so we can keep better in touch! Love ya, Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't get over how people can treat little kids like that. How can you not look at that sweet little girl and not have your heart just melt!!! I mean look at those dimples and that smile! I am so happy for Charie, Kade and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Its about time you get a blog! Sheesh! :) Hope things are going well for you guys. Hope to see you sometime!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute blog! Blogging is just so much fun...almost as fun as bunco! No, bunco is better! I am so glad you have joined us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a crazy girlie~ When is there not excitement in your life? I'm excited to be able to keep up on it all....BEWARE of blog addiction, it catches up with you and then your hooked!

    ReplyDelete